This fully renovated two bedroom stone village house on two floors, set in a well established lush garden. Built in 1900 and fully renovated in 2004 covering two floors of living space. The house is very well maintained. In addition there is an unrestored stone building at the bottom of the garden with seperate drive in entrance. There are good connections to the beaches, shops and airport.
The property comprises:
• sitting room
• kitchen with dining area
• tiled bathroom with shower and plumbing point available for a washing machine
• one double bedroom with view of garden
• large front terrace with traditional oven
• private garden with stone house for further renovation
• one double bedroom with stone doorway and traditional wooden door that leads to an external stone staircase
• terrace providing good views over the garden
• sitting room/study
• wooden staircase
The property has a lovely garden with mulberry, orange and pomegranate trees and there is a separate stone house ready for conversion to a guest annexe.
The upper terrace allows for views of the village, the Asterousia mountains and the acropolis at Gortyna. There are also attractive views across the quiet village lane and over the private garden area.
To the front of the property is a large outdoor space with and old bread oven. This could be a useful area for outdoor entertaining and has a pathway that leads to the rear garden.
Stone house for renovation:
To the rear side of the property is a small stone house that requires complete renovation. This could become a separate guest accommodation with three rooms. A quote for renovation is available on request.
• phone, TV and satellite connection available in main living area
• the property comes furnished
• kitchen with fitted units
• shower bathroom with point for washing machine
• painted wooden doors and shutters
• solar water heater new and replaced 2018
Walking distance of village taverna and shop
Abelouzos is a pretty village on the edge of the archaeological site at Gortyna, the Roman capital of Crete. A new museum, a short drive away, will be completed shortly. In the village there is a traditional taverna and a small shop which opens in the evenings. The popular market town of Mires, with supermarkets and a health centre, is a short drive along the main road. Plans for the opening of the new highway will decrease the travel time to Heraklion and the airport, which at present is a 50 minute drive away. Some of the beautiful beaches in the area including Matala, Kalimaki and Kokkinos Pirgos are 30 minutes away. Zaros with a beautiful lake, tavernas and walks is 20 minutes away.